So you get yourself going on a healthy habit...all is going well, then all of a sudden, you fall back into an old pattern. You make a bad choice or can't resist a temptation. Is it at that point that you check out? Is it at that point that you think to yourself, "well shoot, I screwed up, I have failed?"
We have all been there!
This is where I want to step in and change that negative mindset.
What if I told you there are 5 easy to practice ways to stick to your healthy habits, even if you make a bad choice once in a while?
Yes, there is hope! You don't have to hang up all your positive efforts and feel like a failure.
Today, let's talk about this and go over 5 tricks to help you stay on track and put the errors behind you and continue to move forward.
1. Start Over: So you made a mistake, you missed your workout for the day or you ate a big second helping of your delicious side dish. So what! Be proud that you recognized the poor choice or the fact that sometimes, life happens. Tomorrow, start again! You will be wiser and more aware than you were the day before! Never quit just because you backtracked. How would anyone get anywhere if we all just gave up and didn't keep moving forward.
2. Change it Up: Maybe you are bored with your workout routine. It just doesn't appeal to you anymore. Change it up! Find something else you enjoy doing so that you can begin enjoying your workout again. You have to find something you like to do or you will not keep up with it. Concentrate on what activity you enjoy and incorporate that into your workout routine. Maybe you are tired of the same types of healthy meals you are cooking. Investigate new recipes and new foods. Change it up! Keep your techniques fresh and you will ward off boredom with a new routine.
3. Remember Your "Why": Make sure you think of your "why." Why did you create a new healthy habit? What was it that prompted this change? Why did you create a workout routine? Why are you eating healthy meals? Concentrate on that! Remember why you are doing this! If it helps, write down your "why" and hang it in a spot where you can see it every day. Keep the focus on what is important to you!
4. Write it down: I don't know about you, but I have enough things to think about in a day and I need all the helps/tips I can get. Write down your health goals. Put them in a place where you can see them daily. Put them in your mind's eye. Just the action of writing them down helps solidify them to your mind.
5. Accountability partner: After you have written down your goals, pick someone to help you stick to your goals. Maybe it is your husband or a dear friend. Ask them to help hold you accountable. Maybe they can create and work on their new health goals as well. If you feel awkward or perhaps it just doesn't work with someone that close, look into hiring someone to help as your accountability partner. Look into hiring a Health Coach!
I would love to help you with your health goals.....that is what I do!
Perhaps you have tried on your own but the accountability portion is missing. Contact me (417-840-5913)(firstname.lastname@example.org) and lets chat about how I can help.
Keeping to new habits can be challenging for sure!
I know these 5 techniques can help you keep on track or get back on track.
Give them a try and as always, you know I am here for you!
Do you struggle with menu planning?
We want to make planning meals even easier for you.
Spend more time with your family, and less time figuring out what to eat and keep it healthy at the same time!
We are sharing with you the, Menu Planning Made Easy eBook you can get today for FREE!
Are you ready to make permanent, positive changes in your life?
Do you want to feel healthy, sexy, strong, and energized again?
Do you need an accountability partner to help get you on track with your health goals?
I would love to help you move forward on your Health Journey!
Together we can age positively and have you sharing in an active life with your family as you have always imagined!
Contact me to set up your FREE Discovery Call today!!
I CANNOT wait to hear from you!
P.S. We also have a Pantry Clean Out Service for those living in the Southwest, MO area!
Not sure what foods you should be stocking in your pantry or cabinet?
CLICK HERE to check it out!
Don't live in the Southwest, MO? No problem!
If you purchase the eBook, Pantry Clean Out Tips: A Simple Guide to Healthier Eating,
you get a comprehensive guide to go through category by category and
clean out that pantry or cabinet and restock with healthy alternatives!
P.S.S. Want to join our tribe of positive aging warriors?
Want more positive aging health and wellness tips, recipes, free challenges, and support?
Join the private, Facebook group, Simple Healthy Living Over 50 today!
Health and happiness,
Alicia Williamson RN, BSN, MSNW, CHC
#healthyhabits #keephealthyhabits #keepontrack #getbackontrack #facethestorm #timetobeginagain #beginagain #startfresh #alwaysanotherchance #changeisgood #positiveaging #healthyaging #agepositively #livewell #healthymindset #howtobuildahealthymindset #mindsetiseverything #theskyisthelimit #whatisyourwhy #healthgoals #setyourselfupforsuccess #attitudeadjustment #changeyourlife #positivemindset #believeinyourdreams #dreambig #habits